Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm Taking Guitar Lessons


I think I got my first guitar around 1972 and I've loved everything about guitars since then. Unfortunately, I never really learned to play very well. Now that I'm not going to school and it's just me and Marcia at home, I think it's a good time to take lessons and try to be a real guitarist.


I found a good jazz guitarist and teacher named John Gloria and signed up for lessons at a local music store. I had my first lesson yesterday and I'm working on The Girl From Ipanema. I enjoyed the first lesson and I'm looking forward to many more.


Marcia took pictures of our kids as they got on the bus for their first day of school so she thought it would be appropriate to take a picture of me on my first day of guitar lessons. Can you tell that I'm excited?