Sunday, May 04, 2008

We graduated!



Yesterday we had a very special family day. Matthew, Kirie, and I all graduated from the University of Memphis. I received a Master of Science Degree in Business Administration specializing in Management Information Systems. Matthew receivied a Bachelor of Arts in Music Education. Kirie received a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre.


It was kind of a long day because we had to attend both sessions downtown in the FedEx Forum. Kirie and Matthew graduated in the morning and I graduated in the afternoon. It got a little hectic and there wasn't much time to eat or go anywhere between sessions so Marcia and I had a Pronto Pup (huge corn dog) in Handy Park on Beale Street about a block away from the forum. The weather was beautiful and there was a good blues band playing in the park. The afternoon session was kind of fun for me because Fred Smith (the founder and CEO of FedEx) received an honorary Doctorate and he spoke.


We were kind of tired when we got home so Marcia and I skipped a wedding reception we had been planning to go to and we took a nap. When we got up we celebrated with Matthew and Rachel at a local restaurant and I had prime rib (my favorite).


On Friday, we took formal cap and gown pictures at a studio and we also took family pictures for the first time in many years. It has been a very nice weekend!